Black Friday CRAZE!

Annie Snyder '21, Staff Writer

Another Thanksgiving here and gone, and Black Friday along with it. This Black Friday was just as lively as previous Black Fridays, with many stores in the mall staying open until 1:00 am Thanksgiving night, and reopening at 7:00 am Friday morning. After a quick Starbucks run, I arrived at Ross Park Mall at 7:30 am, and we were able to grab a close parking spot at Nordstrom. Nordstrom did not open until 9:00 am, so we took a detour and started shopping at Pacsun. Pacsun had a sale of “buy one get one half off”, which is a sale they commonly have, even when it’s not Black Friday. Unfortunately, Brands such as Champion and Brandy Melville were excluded from the deal, so I don’t think it was worthwhile. However, brands such as Adidas and Me to We were included in the sale, and the store also had a pretty good deal on shoes. Select shoes such as Vans and Adidas were 30% off. Specifically, Adidas Gazelles and Super Stars were on sale for $39!

Next, we stopped by Hollister, which was 50% off the entire store. It was an absolute madhouse, with the line almost reaching the door! It is already hard to find what we were looking for in Hollister’s dim lighting, but the crowd made it nearly impossible. After Hollister, we made our way to Sephora. Sephora did not have a huge sale, as their “Friends and Family Sale” was only a week prior, and they rarely do sales. However certain sets such as the Sun Dipped, Aurora, and Moonchild glow kits by Anastasia Beverly Hills were 40% off. The Sun Dipped kit sold out online, but Ulta also matched this deal on their website. After Sephora, we were ready to eat, so we made our way to Nordstrom’s top floor. Nordstrom was not having any major sales except prices matching their competition.

While we waited for family to arrive for lunch, we walked to Alex and Ani and Altar’d State. Alex and Ani had 20% off the whole store, excluding their Harry Potter collection, and Altar’d State had more spotty deals only specific to different categories. At that point, we made our way back to Nordstrom to eat at the Nordstrom Café, which was extremely busy. After eating, we made our way down to the shoe section of Nordstrom. The shoe floor was crowded, and numbers were being handed out to receive help from a sales associate. All clearance shoes were an extra 20% off their reduced price, which was a great deal. At this point, I became quite tired and hungry again, but I quickly ran into American Eagle and Vineyard Vines. American Eagle had some great deals including 40% off jeans and $25 sweaters. American Eagle and Aerie were swarmed with customers as more casual shoppers were beginning to arrive. Vineyard Vines was 25% off the entire store as well. Overall, Black Friday was a blast. I left with some great deals, and had a lot of fun. I hope everyone had a great break, and has a happy holiday season!