Into the SpiderVerse

Nyiah Lance '22, Staff Writer

Miles Morales, 13, lives in New York where he attends a private boarding school during the week. On the weekends he stays with his mom, a nurse, and his dad, a police officer. Miles previously went to a public school where he got along with everyone and was very well liked. However, at his new school he is not Mr. Popular.  Between school work and trying to make new friends, he stumbles upon something that is certainly far from ordinary. While with his uncle in a an abandoned part of the subway, Miles (just like the original Peter Parker) is bitten by a radioactive spider! Eventually Miles realizes his newfound abilities.

Peter Parker, the original Spider-Man, has been killed by Kingpin, a crime-lord who lost his family in a car crash. In a desperate attempt to get back what he once had, he creates a machine that will allow him to open up a multi-verse. In doing so, he could bring back his wife and son, but threatens the fabric of reality by doing so. He nearly succeeds before he is stopped and his machine is damaged, leaving him to go back to the drawing boards and make repairs. In the meantime, multiple multi-verses have been opened, letting in a few new “spider-people” as replacements for Peter Parker.  Spider-Woman, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man Noir (Black), Peni Parker, and Spider-Man (reimagined so to speak).

As a team, the six of them must find a way to stop Kingpin before he destroys the world(s) of everyone for his own selfish needs. Starring Shameik Moore, Jake Johnson, Mahershala Ali, Liev Schreiber, and Hailee Stienfield, this action packed animated movie is a great spinoff of the comic that brought you ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’. So grab your popcorn, friends, and get your very own copy of “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” on DVD now.