Proudly Presenting: Mrs. Koroly

Maggie Leone '17, Sports Editor

This coming year at Oakland Catholic, the students and staff welcomed Mrs. Koroly, the new art teacher. Born and raised in Pittsburgh, Mrs. Koroly attended Carlow University.  In addition, she earned her master’s equivalency through classes at Youngstown State University and the Burren College of Art in Ireland.  She is married and the mother of five, the oldest being Maggie, a sophomore at Oakland Catholic.  In the past, Mrs. Koroly has taught at Beaver Falls High School and Middle School and at Assumption School in Bellevue, in addition to instructing painting classes to both adults and children and teaching Catholic homeschool students in the Pittsburgh area. Mrs. Koroly loves teaching at Oakland Catholic, as her faith is very important to her.  She would like to see the Art Department grow and flourish further, in addition to bringing her students’ artwork into the community.  She says, “I love everything about art and it’s a joy to get to share it each day with my students. I enjoy seeing their creative ideas and helping them to gain confidence in their art abilities. Getting to do what I love everyday is the best job I could ask for!”  Mrs. Koroly is very excited to starting clay as well as acrylic and oil painting into the classroom – she wants her students to feel more confident in their work and take more creative risks.

Maggie Koroly, a sophomore, says that she has been taking classes from her mom since she was very young, so it is fun to have her as a teacher again.  Plus, she also likes getting a ride to school everyday, as well as the chance to spend more time with her mom.  Mrs. Koroly enjoys teaching her own children and says that it has been fun to have Maggie at school with her.  In her free time, Mrs. Koroly enjoys running half marathons, attending her children’s sporting events, and of course, painting!  “As an artist, I am always looking to learn new ideas and techniques to share with my students. I enjoy taking art classes myself – I think there’s always so much more to learn. I also enjoy painting on my own whenever I get the chance.” A huge Oakland Catholic welcome to Mrs. Koroly! We’re so glad to have you as a part of our family!