Welcome, Mrs. Spada!

Welcome, Mrs. Spada!

Molly DeFilippo '17, News Editor

Mrs. Spada joins the OC community from Arch Bishop Hoban High School in Akron Ohio, where she taught ninth, tenth, and eleventh grade English. She attended the University of Notre Dame and University of Buffalo for her MED. When she was in high school, two of her English teachers inspired her to be an educator. She likes to call this story “The Tale of Two English Teachers”. One teacher was “mean and scary” and the other was “simply amazing.”  The first teacher pushed Mrs. Spada like no one else, making it a hard and dreadful year. But when she encountered the second teacher the next year, Mrs. Spada was inspired. She decided that she wanted to be like the second teacher, being able to provide a friendly, comfortable atmosphere where students would be excited to come to class and learn.

She is so excited to be a part of OC. She says that the school has a friendly vibe, and she loves interacting with all of the girls on a daily basis. Having also attended an all-girls Catholic high school, Mrs. Spada is excited to participate in Spirit Week and the door decorating competition like she did when she was in high school. Mrs. Spada really loves having the ability to use the MacBooks in the classroom, unlike her old school where they had no technology. She thinks they are very practical and will prepare students for college.

Outside of school Mrs. Spada enjoys baking (especially Christmas cookies), watching Notre Dame Sports, and playing with her dog Watson.

We are so excited that Mrs. Spada has joined us at OC this year!