Farewell to the OC Eagle Eye Senior Staff: Kendal Nasiadka

Kara Puszko '18, Features Editor

I had the opportunity to talk with one of the Eagle Eye’s senior editors, Kendal Nasiadka, who will be graduating soon. During the 2015-2016 school year, Kendal was one of the magazine editors on the staff. Here are some of the questions I asked during out interview:

How long have you been on the Eagle Eye staff?

Kendal: I originally joined my freshmen year because my sister was a magazine editor and I stuck with the EE on and off ever since!

– What are your plans for the future?

Kendal: I will be attending Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia and majoring in Political Science.

– What is some advice you would like to share with incoming freshmen?

Kendal: Remember the deadlines, don’t do work half-heartedly, take your time, and enjoy yourself!

– What was your favorite class during your time at Oakland Catholic?

Kendal: I can’t exactly pick one class, but my top two were psychology and history. I have always loved psychology because it’s given me a better understanding about how those around me perceive certain ideas and make their decisions based upon those perceptions. With history, when I was little, I wanted to become an Egyptologist. I used to have a bunch of books about ancient Egypt and a map of the structure of the pyramids with translated hieroglyphics on my wall. I thought it was so exciting to learn about the development of civilizations. I guess I just really enjoy connecting with the past and seeing how particular ideas, traditions, and values have been carried into the present.

– What made you want to work with the Eagle Eye?

Kendal: I enjoy writing about and analyzing current events (although the past two years have been extremely hectic!) and journalism is the best way to do that!

– What did you learn from working on the Eagle Eye? 

Kendal: People really do not understand the time that needs to be dedicated to present an article properly. It takes time and energy to ensure that you have all of the facts gathered and take the most unbiased perspective. 

– Do you plan to continue writing in college? 

Kendal: I would love to write in college! However, I have to see if my schedule will permit me. *insert tears*

– What will you remember most about Oakland Catholic?

Kendal: There’s so much that could be said! Between Judy’s cookies, Huber blowing things up, and Mr. Finnegan’s Elephant head, it’s hard to pick. I think what I’ll miss most of all are the class retreats and Spirit Week at OC. Spirit Week and the retreats have always been extremely important to me because they’ve deepened my relationships with my fellow seniors and have given me the greatest memories for a lifetime.
We wish the best of luck to Kendal in college and we will miss having her on our staff next year!