Salute to the Salutatorian: Caroline Albacete

Clara Albacete '19, Arts and Entertainment Editor

The OC Eagle Eye is proud to announce our very own co-Editor-in-Chief as the Salutatorian of the Class of 2017! Caroline Albacete was the most decorated senior at the graduation ceremony, sporting cords for GCI, JOA, Highest Honors, a stole for NHS and her gold Salutatorian Medal. Throughout her four years at Oakland Catholic, Caroline has participated in many after school activities and sports including Field Hockey, Ultimate Frisbee (co-captain), Stage Crew (stage manager), Forte Magazine (Editor-In-Chief), the OC Eagle Eye (co-Editor-in-Chief), and RadiOC. In addition to all of these activities, Caroline has exceeded the required GPA to remain in Joan of Arc Society of Scholars, completed the Global Competency Initiative program, done 150+ hours of volunteer work for the St. Lucy’s Auxiliary Medallion Ball, taken 8 AP and 2 CE classes throughout her four years at OC, and was the recipient of a staggering amount of awards at Honors Convocation.

I recently got an opportunity to ask Caroline a few questions:

How did you feel when you first found out that you were the class Salutatorian?

Happy! I really wasn’t expecting it because there are so many people in my class who were certainly deserving of the title

Did you expect to be named Salutatorian?

No, because as mentioned, there are so many girls in my class who are extremely intelligent

What are your plans for the future?

I’ll be attending Fordham University for the next for years as a part of their Honors Program, and will be studying English, Political Science, and International Relations

Do you think OC has provided the education you will need to succeed in college?

I think OC has done a fantastic job of providing a great education, especially in the humanities and at the higher levels. There are a few places the school falls short, but I know that the administration is already working to correct any flaws and improve for future students

Caroline will be attending Fordham University Honors Program this fall. Here at OC Eagle Eye we wish the best of luck to Caroline as she continues what will undoubtedly be a successful career.