Welcome, Mrs. Caceres!

Grace Doerfler '18, Assistant Editor

If you see Mrs. Caceres, Oakland Catholic’s new music teacher, walking through the halls, don’t hesitate to say hello! Mrs. Caceres is excited to be part of the OC staff full-time this school year and can’t wait to share her love of music with students. The classes she’s teaching this year include Chamber Singers, Concert Choir, Music Theory, Music Appreciation, and Prep Band.

Mrs. Caceres is full of ideas for both her classes and after-school programs. She’s starting an a capella club this year—after all, Central has one, and Oakland can’t be outdone by the boys. Because both Pitch Perfect and the Pentatonix are popular right now, Mrs. Caceres thinks the time is right for Oakland to try out a capella. Currently the club takes place during CCW sessions; gradually, Mrs. Caceres hopes to build the club and someday turn it into a traveling show choir.

Mrs. Caceres loves opera, particularly Verdi’s Un Ballo Ein Maskhero. She likes dramatic theater as well as musical, citing Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead as her favorite play. On movie night, she loves to put Amadeus, a dramatic movie about Mozart, into the DVD player. Her favorite book is The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

In addition to teaching full-time this year, Mrs. Caceres is a mother with a one-year-old daughter at home. She loves to travel, and reminisces fondly about Aruba, where she would love to return sometime to take a break from her busy schedule.

Be sure to welcome Mrs. Caceres when you see her around the school! She’s excited to be part of the OC community this year, and we students are glad to have her sharing her love of music with us.