OC Kicks off the Year with the Annual OC Picnic

Andalushia Reilly '20, Staff Writer

The OC Annual School Picnic was a huge success this year and action packed from the Calendar Kickoff to Tug-of-War! The day began with the Calendar Kick-off in Synod Hall; the Kick-off was chalk full of prizes and cheers from students and faculty alike! However, the highlight of the Kick-off was most definitely when the freshmen raised their hands instead of cheering, but they were immediately outshined by the cheers from the sophomores, juniors, and seniors. After the exciting Calendar Kick-off, the juniors and seniors were dismissed to lunch, while the underclass hung around for a game of Kahoot! Outside in OC’s parking lot there were lots of fun games from donut eating contests to spike ball, and there was even a photo booth! Board games were also offered in the lecture hall, if anyone needed a break from the hectic fun. Many students also made good use of the sidewalk chalk and decorated the OC sidewalk with beautiful artwork! However, water balloons were brought out and some of the chalk art was lost in the water balloon fights. The Gong Show and Pie-a-Teacher were a huge success as always. Afterward, all of the students reported to the gym for tug-of-war. This year there was a surprising upset, however, when the freshmen beat the sophomores! The picnic once again was a great way to start off the year with lots of fun, laughs, and friends!