Freshman Mixer

Angelina Berkey '22, Staff Writer

On September 15, the class of 2022 gathered at the Central Catholic parking lot for the Freshman Mixer. I had heard many different things about the Freshman Mixer, so I, along with many others, was not exactly sure what to expect. Fortunately, the mixer turned out to be a positive, fun experience.

At first arrival, most of us stayed with friends that we already knew. However, as the night went on, I noticed that many of the freshman branched out of their comfort zones and met new people. Some people walked around, held their phones out, and asked people to add them on Snapchat, while others just introduced themselves to as many people as possible. Although there were many different ways to approach our fellow Freshmen, many of us got the opportunity to form acquaintances and even friendships. One of my friends said that she even “made some really close friends” at the mixer. The most noticeable thing that the students really enjoyed was the music that was played throughout the night. There was one specific area where most people gathered, which was in front of the speakers.  Students danced and sung to the lyrics, while having an overall good time with their old and new friends.

When asking some friends how their experience was, they said, “A lot of people really enjoyed the freshman mixer” and “It was fun and I got to hang out with a lot of great people.” I left knowing that I met many new people, enjoyed time with my friends, and made fun memories.