A Fun Night at the Freshman Mixer!

Mary Zagrokci, Lauren Rajasenan, Caroline McElroy, and Isabelle Doshi having fun at the mixer!

Bella White '23, Staff Writer

On September 14, 2019, the freshman classes of Oakland Catholic and Central Catholic High Schools were invited to attend the Freshmen Mixer. At first, everyone was  slightly timid and remained with familiar people, but by the end of the night, everyone was conversing with someone new. A refreshment table was placed in the back corner serving drinks, including water, Fanta, and Coke. Around 8 o’clock, pizza arrived and was served to the ravenous freshmen. The cornhole lining the fence was a popular addition to dancing. The DJ had a constant crowd dancing while he played current pop songs. After the Mixer, I had the opportunity to talk to a few freshman about their experience. When asked her favorite part of the Mixer, a freshman responded, “Meeting new people that I don’t always see in class.” A second freshman found it to be an enjoyable experience, but can’t wait for Winter Formal. They both agreed to advise future freshman classes against missing the Mixer. “It was quite a fun experience and shouldn’t be missed!”