Congrats to our Valedictorian: Annie Snyder!

Meghan Pavlick '21, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The valedictorian for the class of 2021 has been named! We are so excited to congratulate our own Annie Snyder for her achievements! I had the pleasure of interviewing Annie about her time here at OC and what her plans are for the future.

How did you feel when you learned you were this year’s valedictorian?

Annie: I was very surprised, but very happy and honored! 

What sports or clubs did you participate in during your years at OC? 

Annie: I participated in student council, OC Eagle Eye, the swim team, Model UN, and campus ministry.  

How did you deal with the stress of balancing schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other responsibilities? 

Annie: I learned how to take time for myself to rest. I also learned how to practice good time management during the week so I could relax on the weekends, but it definitely hasn’t always been easy. 

Are there any particular classes, teachers, or clubs that really developed your passion? 

Annie: I would say Diverse Voices in Contemporary Literature with Ms. Jeffries and Pop Culture and Media Literacy with Mrs. Rinkacs were classes that helped me pursue my passion for current events and social justice. I learned a lot from those classes!  

What are your plans for the future?

Annie: I plan to attend Villanova University as an accounting major with a co-major in international business and after that hopefully attend law school. 

What is your best advice for underclassmen regarding academics or just overall time at OC?

Annie: Make the most of your time! The four years go by really fast, and there are so many clubs and activities to get involved with at OC that it isn’t difficult to take advantage of those opportunities. 

What is your fondest memory from high school?

Annie: That’s such a hard question because I have so many! I have many great memories, but I think the first one that comes to mind is waiting for the swim bus before meets every week and often being forgotten by this swim bus. 

What is one thing you will miss the most at Oakland Catholic?

Annie: I know everyone says this, but I definitely will miss the people most. Over the last four years, I have gotten really close to classmates and teachers who have created a really collaborative and loving environment that I will really miss. 

Another big congrats to Annie as she moves on to the next chapter of her life beyond OC!