Interview with Ms. Castellano

Erin Gurtner , Staff

Q: Where are you from?

A: I grew up here in Pittsburgh PA. 

Q: How would you describe yourself?

A: I am pretty outgoing. I care deeply about others and have a heart that desires to serve other people and God in love and friendship. 

Q: Why did you choose to come to Oakland?

A: It was honestly a providential invitation. I had a short term job lined up after finishing college in December but was looking for something long term back in Pittsburgh. I was finishing up writing my last finals when Ms. Schmeising (who is a friend of mine) told me she was leaving her position and invited me to apply. 

Q: Did you grow up catholic?

A:  My dad is from Italy. It is a largely Catholic country, so we were all raised Catholic. 

Q: What do you do for fun outside of work?

A: I love to hang out with my family and friends. My friends and I love to do adventurous things together. Some of my favorite things we have done together are white water rafting, cliff jumping, hiking, and going on spontaneous trips together. By myself, I like to take up fun hobbies. 

Q: What is a fun fact about yourself?

A: I have a twin brother whom I am very close with. We were born 9 minutes apart but have separate birthdays. 

Q: Do you have any advice for students seeking faith?

A: Openness as well as fostering a desire to seek the truth are very important in the faith journey. I would definitely advise seeking guidance from people that are living out their faith that you trust or admire. Community is necessary for living any life of faith.