A Great Season for OC Soccer

Maggie Storti ‘20, Staff Writer

The OC soccer team is having their best season in years. With an undefeated season, the team beat South Park, the #2 team in their division, in the first round. Then, when they met up with them again for round two, OC suffered a devastating loss to South Park 2-1 on October 12th.  It was their first and only loss of the season. On the 14th, they beat Trinity 7-0 and on October 17th, they played Obama in their last section game, which was also their senior night.

If OC could pull out a win in the Obama game, they would carry their first ever section title. It would be history for the Eagles: the first time ever in Oakland Catholic history that the soccer team would win a section title.

A night full of emotions, the game versus Obama turned out to have great results for the Eagles. They won 5-0, which was the icing on the cake and finished off a great round of section matches. OC won its first ever section title in soccer, with a record of 15 wins and just 1 loss, an all-time best for the Eagles. It was a memorable night for everyone, especially the seniors, as the crowd cheered and clapped for the newly crowned section champions of Section 3 AAA.  Congrats to our ladies! We wish them the best of luck in the WPIAL playoffs.  GO EAGLES!