Fall Sports Recap

Emma Shaughnessy '20, Sports Editor

All the OC sports teams had amazing seasons this fall. This year, each team competed in WPIALS for the first time in Oakland Catholic history.

The cross country team won WPIALS for the second year in a row. Junior, Hannah Shupansky, placed first overall in that race! The team moved on to tie for second at states. Kate Aldrich, Teresa Davison, Katelyn Ellery, Sophie Young, Tess Helms, Megan Nagy, and Hannah Shupansky ran for Oakland Catholic in both races.

The soccer team also had a great season! Varsity finished their season with a record of 6-8 in their conference. They went on to play in WPIALS where they lost to Moon in the first round.

The field hockey team went to WPIALS for the second year in a row! They beat Woodland Hills 5-0 in their first game, but lost to Penn Trafford in the following game, placing second overall in their section.

Tennis also had an amazing season. Senior Hannah Collins and sophomore Sofia Heaps placed fourth in the seating for WPIALS.  They played doubles in the first round of WPIALS but lost to Pine Richland.

Volleyball had another great season and finished the regular season with a record of 11-1 in their section, making them co-section champs. They went on to play in WPIALS where they beat Butler in the first round but fell short to Seneca in the second.

Every team tried their hardest this fall season, and the Oakland Catholic community could not be more proud of their achievements. We can’t wait to see what is in store for next year!